Original 7 inch x 10 1/8 inch 1879 Etching
CHAPELLE DE TILLOLOY
Original 7 inch x 10 1/8 inch 1879 Etching titled CHAPELLE DE TILLOLOY.
The church of Tilloloy was built not far from the castle of which it was also the seigniorial chapel, from 1530 to 1534 on the initiative of Antoinette de Rasse, widow of Jean III de Soyécourt, lord of Tilloloy on his return from a pilgrimage. at the Holy House of Loreto in Italy. Tilloloy is a commune in the Somme department in Hauts-de-France in northern France.
Drawn and etched by Jean Eugène Sadoux (1841 – 1906). Sadoux studied engraving, lithography and drawing in Paris and drew for the magazines “Le Magasin Pittoresque”, “Le Monde illustré” and “l’Illustration”. He was also a painter in watercolours, in particular, in 1871 he painted the Templar frescoes of the Commandery of Cressac-Saint-Genis.
Engraving from a disbound copy of ‘La Renaissance en France’ by Leon Palustre. Published by A Quantin, Imprimeur-Editeur, 7, Rue Saint-Benoit, Paris, 1879.
Page size 17 3/8 inch x 12 1/2 inch
The etching is in very good condition. Reverse side blank.
Availability: 1 in stock